Published December 22. 2012 4:00AM
Montville - Keith Porter scored 46 points to lead the New London boys' basketball team to an 87-65 win over Montville in a nonleague game Friday night.
Josh Maynard scored 10 and Porter had 14 rebounds for the Whalers (2-1). Buddy Dewaine had 19 points and Nick Clemons and Chance Collier scored 14 each for Montville (1-3).
In other games:
• Desmond D'Elia-Miller had a team-high 18 points as NFA beat Stonington, 74-58. Denzel Lancaster had 16 points for NFA (3-1) and Ryan Lusk scored 15. Jackson Donahue made seven 3-pointers and scored 28 for the Bears (2-2).
• Remy Bonser made eight 3-pointers and finished with 24 points as St. Bernard remained unbeaten with a 74-48 rout over Plainfield in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division. Paul Pepas had 17 points for the Saints (4-0, 3-0) and Brian Harper added 10 points.
• Stevan Robarge scored 22 points and had 11 steals, leading Grasso Tech to a 74-61 win over Parish Hill in a Constitution State Conference game. Bryan Cespedes had 14 points, 14 rebounds and seven blocked shots, J'quan Monroe scored 16 and Rob Feliciano had 12 points and eight rebounds for Grasso.
• Andrew Tyrol made 8 of 11 free throws in the fourth quarter and finished with 13 points to lead unbeaten Old Lyme past East Hampton, 60-46, in the Shoreline Conference. Matti Fuller scored all 10 of his points in the fourth quarter for Old Lyme (4-0). The Bellringers are 0-3.
• Devin Willard had a steal and a layup with six seconds left to give Killingly its 49-47 win over Fitch. Max Graves had eight points and 14 rebounds for Killingly. Mario Graham had 12 points for the Falcons (1-3) and Pete Aldrich and Mark Evans both scored 11.
• East Lyme's Wade McNamara scored 31 points but the Vikings lost to Windham 85-72 in a nonleague game. Kevin Foster scored 15 for East Lyme (0-4). Julian Sanchez (33) and Kendall Marquez combined for 57 points for Windham (3-1).
• Chris Gonnelli had 23 points, including his 1,000th point, as Lyman Memorial beat Wheeler, 57-34, in the ECC Small. Jacob Raggon had 12 points for Wheeler (1-3, 0-3) and Troy Stefanski added eight points and nine rebounds.
• Ian Converse scored 17 to lead Woodstock Academy past Waterford, 68-38. Chris Lowry scored 16 for Woodstock (4-0). Isaiah Jones and Connor Lewis both scored eight for the Lancers (2-2).
H.S. indoor track
• Ledyard's Joseph Carter, Alex Patterson, Steven Servedio and Alex Hintz-Valdez won the 4x200 relay Thursday at the Jack Long Invitational in New Haven, setting a school record (1:33.50) and qualifying for the New Balance Nationals in the process. They will compete in the emerging elite class at the New York meet in March.
Patterson also won the 300 with a time of 37.12, second places went to Kyle Wilson (shot put), Kevin McCarthy (high jump), third places went to Anthony Saccone (55 hurdles), Ben Bruciati (600), fourths went to Tyler Torelli (1600), Servedio (long jump) and sixths went to Carter (55 dash), Hintz-Valdez (long jump) and Jeremy Hintz-Valdez (pole vault).
In the girls' meet, Ledyard's Chenoa Sebastian and Lauren Scahill won events and the 4x800 relay team of Carly Loy, Scahill, Jordan Houdeshell and Olivia Holuvecki won with a time of 10:27.72. Sebastian won the 55 hurdles at 9.22 and Scahill took the 1,000 meters in 3:05.56. Ledyard also got a second from Adedoyin Ladoja (shot put) and fourths from Austin Graber (pole vault) and Houdeshell (1600).
• The Connecticut Sports Writers' Alliance will accept applications until Feb. for 2013 Bohdan Kolinsky Memorial Journalism Scholarship. Named for a longtime scholastic sports editor of the Hartford Courant who died in 2003, the scholarship provides the winning applicant $1,500 toward the first year of college study leading to a career in sports journalism. Increased aid is offered for the remaining college years if the student meets certain criteria of progress. Contact: Robert Barton, competition chairman, firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: kolinsky. Applications and supporting documents must reach the Alliance at Box 70, Unionville, 06085, by Feb. 19.