Montville - Ryan Pambuku scored 20 points as the Plainfield High School boys' basketball team beat St. Bernard 74-64 in a battle for first place in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division on Friday night.
Plainfield is now tied for first place in the division with Tourtellotte at 6-2 while the Saints, 8-8 overall, fell to 5-3 in the Small with only two division games remaining.
Kevin Kersey led St. Bernard with 20 points.
In other games:
• Thomas Whipple had 15 points and Darnay Gray added 14 as Ledyard beat Waterford 71-34 in the ECC Medium. Khary Childs added 10 points for the Colonels (14-1, 8-0) while Jordan Hamler had seven points for Waterford (10-6, 4-4).
• Willie Harris had 24 points, 13 rebounds and four assists to lead Stonington past Killingly 64-39 in the ECC Medium Division. Tim Ferraro added 11 points, Jack Dipollino 10 and John Mathews had nine rebounds for the Bears (9-6, 4-4).
• New London overpowered East Lyme in the first half, building a 42-21 lead on the way to a 75-51 victory over the Vikings in the ECC Large Division. Keith Porter scored 26 points for the Whalers (10-6, 6-2) while DeAnte Bruton added 11 and Josh Maynard and Ahmond Gomez added 10 apiece. Wade McNamara scored 29 points for East Lyme (3-13, 0-8), including five 3-pointers, and Dean Beebe added 12.
• Denzel Lancaster scored 22 points as Norwich Free Academy raced to a 36-15 halftime lead and beat Fitch 63-46 in the ECC Large Division. Marcus Outlow added 15 points and Ryan Lusk 11 for the Wildcats (10-5, 5-3) while Mario Graham scored 13 points Fitch (3-12, 2-6), Devante Anderson had 12 and Riley Pyzlaski 11.
• Ajay Gonnelli and Chris Gonnelli scored 23 points each as Lyman Memorial beat Wheeler 94-61 in the ECC Small Division. Jacob Raggon had 21 points, Mike Dellaporta scored 13 and Jake Sylvestre had 11 points for Wheeler (2-13, 0-8).
• Julian Sanchez (36 points) and Kendall Marquez (29) combined for 65 points in Windham's 96-62 win over Montville in the ECC Medium Division. Buddy Dewaine led Montville (4-11, 1-7) with 25 points while Greg Benjamin had 12 and Isaiah Hernandez 11.
• Colin Parks had 16 points as East Hampton beat Old Lyme 59-44 in the Shoreline Conference. Jake Vickery scored 15 for East Hampton. George Logan had 15 points for Old Lyme (10-5).
• Mike Froscello and Mack Osias scored six points each in Norwich Tech's 41-26 loss to Platt Tech in the Constitution State Conference. The Warriors are 1-10.
• Luke Clendenen scored 10 points in Williams School's 61-35 loss to Marianapolis Prep. Aaron Hosking added 10 rebounds for the Blues (2-9).
• East Lyme broke open a close game in the third quarter en route to a 52-35 win over New London in the ECC Large Division. East Lyme led 25-20 at the break before outscoring the Whalers 17-6 in the third quarter to open a 42-26 lead. Jenna Schumacher scored 19 points and Allison Stoddard 13 for East Lyme (15-2, 7-2) while Tamia DeBarros led New London (9-8, 3-6) with 13 points and Lexus Childs-Harris added 10.
• Alyssa Velles scored 26 points, including four 3-pointers, as NFA cruised past Fitch 50-28 in the ECC Large Division. Olivia Marks and Shaina Homski added eight points apiece for the Wildcats (12-5, 6-3) while Lexis Foster scored 12 points for Fitch (4-14, 0-9).
• Jamie Hill had 17 points and Meghan Autencio scored 16 to lead Montville past Windham 60-40 in the ECC Medium. Kiah Strickland had 10 points for Montville (13-5, 7-2). Mariah Gonzalez had 23 points for the Whippets.
• Falecia Cabral had 10 points and 14 rebounds to help lead Stonington past Killingly 54-35 in the ECC Medium Division. Taty LaFrance Boyce led the Bears (11-7, 6-3) with 12 points and Margot Calmar added 10.
• Marion Philippe had nine points and eight rebounds in Williams' 61-27 loss to Lincoln. Emily Hamilton added eight points, three assists and three steals for the Blues (5-8) and Kailah Waheed had seven rebounds.
• Aaliyah Bohannon had 22 points as Platt Tech of Meriden beat Norwich Tech 54-21 in the CSC. Tyra Wolchesky scored seven for Norwich Tech (2-16).