The Day asked Toshiyuki "Toshi" Shimada, music director of the Eastern Connecticut Symphony Orchestra, for a list of what he listened to in 2009.
1. RICHARD STRAUSS' DER ROSENKAVALIER, Herbert von Karajan/Berlin Philharmonic "My all time favorite CD."
2. RICHARD WAGNER'S TANNHäUSER, Georg Solti/Vienna Philharmonic "Great for a long-distance drive."
3. GUSTAV MAHLER'S SYMPHONY NO. 8, Leonard Bernstein/Vienna Philharmonic "There is no other exciting music than this to keep me awake during long distance driving. Watch out for speeding!"
4. "ONE LOVE" by David Guetta "Interesting new electronic music. Better than Stockhausen."
5. "THE RESISTANCE" by Muse "They simply love classical music, and use Chopin!"