New London - Eric Gerken had five hits Sunday, leading the Coast Guard Academy baseball team to a doubleheader sweep of MIT in the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference.
Gerken had three doubles and scored four runs as the Bears won the opener 5-4 and the second game 5-2. Tyler Vieira pitched the seventh in the opener, earning a save for Coast Guard (10-12, 4-5).
In other games:
• Rob Rizzitelli pitched a no-hitter in the first game as UConn-Avery Point swept Mass Bay Community College, winning 10-0 in both games. The first game ended in six innings and the second in five innings on mercy rules.
Rizzitelli (4-1) struck out six with one walk. Yuta Okazaki and Flynn Donovan had two hits each, East Lyme's Ryan Brahm scored three runs and Okazaki scored twice and drove in two runs in the opener. Griswold's Nick Fessenden pitched a two-hitter in the second game, striking out eight. Okazaki had three hits, two RBI and scored twice, Brahm had two hits, two RBI and scored twice and Matt Harrison had two hits for Avery Point (15-8).
• Mitchell lost to Becker College 7-4 in a New England Collegiate Conference game. Old Lyme's Nick Carlson doubled and drove in two runs for Mitchell (5-10, 4-2), Rafael Garcia scored twice and Evan Peck had two hits.
Mitchell swept a doubleheader from Becker Saturday, winning the opener 9-2 and the second game 17-12. Ethan Graynor, Will Charkowsky, Carlson and Waterford's Gavin Lalima had three hits each for Mitchell in the second game.
• Anthony Marzi allowed two hits over seven innings to lead UConn to a 7-1 win over Seton Hall in a Big East Conference game. Jon Testani and Joe Pavone homered for UConn (14-12, 5-1). Prior to the game, Seton Hall won 10-6 in a continuation of Friday's suspended game.
• Lesley University swept Mitchell College in a NECC doubleheader, winning the opener 8-0 and the second game 10-4. Brittany Zaccaria had two hits and Tiffany Person tripled and scored twice in the second game for Mitchell (3-11, 0-2). Jennifer Dorval pitched a one-hitter in the first game for Lesley (7-6, 2-0).
• Notre Dame capped off a three-game sweep, beating UConn 7-2 in a Big East Conference game. Waterford's Jen Ward had a run-scoring single for UConn (13-14, 3-3).
• Mitchell College finished sixth in the eight-team Tyrell Trophy. Brendan Griffiths and crew Jared LaFosse-Baker and Alexandra Bollella were seventh in the A division and Alex Hering and Chelsea Abbenante were second in the B division. The Mariners also finished 15th out of 20 teams Saturday at the Southern Series 2 race at Newport, R.I.
• Connecticut College finished fourth out of 17 teams at the Brad Dellenbaugh Women's Regatta at Cranston, R.I., with 177 points. Skipper Atlantic Brugman and crew Elizabeth Wilsterman were seventh in the A division with 95 points. Bitsy Whipple, Kim Bolick and Katie St. George were fifth in the B division with 82 points.
Conn's co-ed team hosted and finished eighth in the Southern New England Team Race.