Groton - Fitch High School jumped out to a 13-5 halftime lead and held on to beat Waterford 18-16 Thursday in a nonleague girls' lacrosse game.
Kelsey Armstrong had five goals and Jackie Kokomoor scored four times for Fitch (1-1) while teammates Lindsey Merrow, Chloe Taylor and Daria McKenna had two goals each.
Allie Wiggins had five goals, Julia Peay scored four, Amanda Kumpitsch had three goals and Montara Tomasetti and McKenzie Potter had two goals each for Waterford (1-1).
In other games:
• Kiki Ryan finished with three goals and five assists as East Lyme opened the season with a 15-7 victory over Ledyard. Erin DeLucca also had three goals, while Jill Bartlett and Olivia DeLea scored two goals each and Erin Fritz added two goals and two assists. Ericka Jenkins scored three goals for Ledyard and Caitlin Larmann had two.
• Emma Theiler had four goals and four assists to lead St. Bernard to a 13-7 win over Bacon Academy. Maria Theiler had five goals and Kaitlyn Cole and Carley Phillips each scored twice for St. Bernard. Alissa Maffuid had four goals for Bacon.
• Molly Beck had three goals and an assist and Hudson Roarick three goals as Old Saybrook topped East Catholic 10-8. Gabby Rose added two goals and four assists in the win, Katie Schlosser had two goals and Maddie Malinovski made eight saves.
• Libby Morrison scored four goals and Katherine Chambers had three goals and an assist as Stonington opened with a 19-4 victory over Woodstock Academy. Eleven different players scored for the Bears, who also got two goals each from Kat Murphy, Monica Burdick and Emily Cassata.
• Hannah Hinsch scored seven goals while Paige Supples and Megan Gada each had four in Norwich Free Academy's 23-14 win over Wheeler. Elle Swanson had three goals and Samantha Trombley had two for the Wildcats while Ashley Iorio had eight goals and Amy White scored four for the Lions (0-2).
• Shawn O'Loughlin scored three goals to help lift Waterford to a 9-6 win over Fitch. Andrew Nasseta had two goals and two assists, Casey Sullivan scored twice, John Thomas and Chris Wallace had two assists each and James Auclair made five saves for Waterford. Tim Drake scored three goals, Mason Cummings had two goals and an assist and Mike Semancik made 11 saves for Fitch.
• Dan Riordan scored three goals to help lead Stonington to a 10-2 win over Woodstock. Eddie Moran had a goal and three assists, Nick Balestracci had a goal and an assist and Mike Brandon made six saves for Stonington.
• Nate Wilson scored four goals, but NFA lost its season opener to North Kingstown (R.I.), 11-10 in overtime. Conor O'Rourke added two goals for the Wildcats while Devon Giannelli had a goal and two assists and Steven Makowicki had one goal and one assist.
• Calvin Bussiere scored three goals to lead Bacon to a 7-4 win over St. Bernard. Alex Davenport had two goals, Tyler LaBarbera had two assists and Matt McAllister made 17 saves for Bacon (2-0). Eric Brown had two goals and an assist for St. Bernard.