Stonington - Collin Williams scored with 1 minute, 30 seconds left in the second overtime during a downpour Thursday night, lifting Stonington High School to a 3-2 win over Ledyard in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division boys' lacrosse game.
Jack Riordan assisted on the game-winner and Zach Poirier scored the other two goals for Stonington (2-0, 1-0).
Ledyard (2-2, 1-1) tied the game at 2-2 with 18 seconds left in the fourth quarter when Connor Wilt scored. Mike Delia also scored for the Colonels.
In other games:
• Conor O'Rourke had three goals and an assist in NFA's 10-5 win over Bacon Academy in the ECC Large Division. Evan Bilda and Steven Makowicki added two goals each for the Wildcats (2-1, 1-0), who led 8-1 at halftime. Evan Callahan had 17 saves for the victory. Calvin Bussiere had three goals for Bacon Academy (2-2, 0-2).
• Will Ryan scored four goals and St. Bernard defeated Woodstock Academy 13-4. Cam Morrone and Pete Stanners had three goals apiece for the Saints (2-2).
• Kerrie Gardner scored four times in Ledyard's 11-9 win over Stonington in the ECC Small Division. Caitlin Larmann had three goals and an assist for Ledyard (2-1, 2-0) and Ericka Jenkins had three goals. Colleen Rusk made 15 saves in goal. Libby Morrison had four goals for Stonington (1-1, 0-1), which led 6-5 at halftime.
• Reba Gagne and Fiona Barrett scored three goals each as Old Lyme opened the season with an 11-5 victory over Morgan of Clinton in the Shoreline Conference. Allie Buckley added two goals and two assists and Meridith Britton made eight saves in the victory. Morgan is 1-3, 0-2.
• Kiki Ryan had four goals and three assists and Madison Cohen three goals and two assists as East Lyme beat Fitch 18-5 in the ECC Large Division. Jill Bartlett, Erin DeLucca and Kristen Walter had two goals each for East Lyme (3-0, 2-0) and Erin Fritz had a goal and three assists. Brooke Startz had two goals for Fitch (2-2, 1-1). East Lyme led 11-4 at halftime.
• Hannah Hinsch and Megan Gada scored five goals apiece and Norwich Free Academy defeated Bacon Academy 17-6 in the ECC Large Division. Ellie Swanson scored four goals for the Wildcats (3-1, 1-0).
• McKenzie Potter had two goals and Amanda Kumpitsch two assists for Waterford in a 16-4 loss to Immaculate in Danbury. Julia Peay and Kierstyn Smith also scored for Waterford (1-3).