Montville — Second baseman Dan Santos threw out the potential tying run attempting to steal home Friday and the Waterford High School baseball team held on for a 3-2 win over Montville.
Montville (6-2) rallied from a 3-0 deficit in the seventh, highlighted by Nick Kinder's RBI single. Santos thwarted an attempt to steal home with two outs.
Senior left-hander Jason Dargie pitched a complete game allowed nine hits, earning the victory. He struck out four and walked one for the Lancers (5-1).
Kyle Willoughby's two-out, two-run triple in the fourth inning gave Waterford a 2-0 lead. The Lancers added an insurance run in the seventh when pinch runner Nikolai Lehet scored on a wild pitch.
Kinder had three hits for Montville.
In other games:
• Chris Liggio pitched a complete-game four-hitter to lift Old Saybrook past East Hampton 4-2. East Hampton is the defending Shoreline Conference and Class S state champion. Liggio struck out four and allowed just two unearned runs for the Rams (4-4, 4-3) and Steve Carlson had a two-run triple in the top of the seventh to win the game. Justin Beal was 2-for-3 with three runs scored.
• Jon Mewha pitched a complete-game shutout with four strikeouts as Fitch defeated Stonington 4-0. Shawn Nadeau had three hits, two runs scored and two stolen bases and David Hall had two RBI for the Falcons (6-2) who have won five straight. Stonington is 5-3.
• Keith Chamberlain had a double, triple and home run in his first three at-bats and finished 3-for-5 with five RBI as Lyman Memorial beat Somers 17-4. Ben Strenkowski added a single and a double for Lyman (5-2).
• Erik Washburn doubled twice and had three RBI as Norwich Free Academy defeated Valley Regional 11-7. Jordan Kaiser went 5 1/3 innings and was the winning pitcher for the Wildcats (4-4).
• Alex Couture worked out of bases-loaded jams in the sixth and seventh innings, pitching an eight-hitter to lead Bacon Academy to a 7-3 win over New London. Brandon Sierra had three hits and Matt Scheidel and Nate Kozlowski each had two hits and two RBI for Bacon (3-3). Nova Crespo (two RBI), De'Andre Jackson and Brendan McNeil each had two hits for New London (4-2).
• Zach Kane's two-run double highlighted a four-run rally in the top of the seventh, leading East Lyme to 9-7 win over South Windsor. Kane went 3-for-4 with two doubles and three RBI for the Vikings (6-2). Pete Gonski and Alex Vidakovic had two hits apiece.
• Hale-Ray snapped a scoreless tie with four runs in the 10th inning and defeated Old Lyme 4-0. Brendan Johnson and Billy Buscetto had two hits apiece and Slater Gregory pitched 9 1-3 innings for the Wildcats (4-4).
• Nate Storey doubled for Wheeler in a 3-1 loss to Bolton. Wheeler is 0-6.