Ledyard - Fran Francishelli's sacrifice fly in the bottom of the eighth inning gave Ledyard an 8-7 victory over Wheeler on Tuesday in a high school softball game.
Francishelli went 3-for-5 with a triple and two RBI for the Colonels (5-3), who watched Wheeler take a 7-6 lead with four runs in the top of the seventh before tying it in the bottom of the inning and winning it an inning later.
Shana Kuhse added two hits, two RBI and two runs for Ledyard while Summer Cipriani was 3-for-4 for Wheeler (4-4), Julie Wanstall was 2-for-3 with a home run and four RBI and Kaitlyn Banks was 2-for-4 with a double.
In other games:
• Theresa Kane pitched a four-hitter with 10 strikeouts and also went 4-for-4 with an RBI as Stonington defeated St. Bernard 7-1. Andrea Chiaradio, who pitched a perfect game and struck out all 21 NFA hitters on Saturday, went 3-for-3 with two doubles, a triple, two runs and two RBI for the Bears (7-1) and Emily Rubin was 2-for-3 and scored twice. Mena Buscetto had two hits for St. Bernard (6-4).
• Alana Luzzio pitched a four-hitter as Fitch blanked Norwich Free Academy 5-0 in the ECC Large Division. Luzzio (5-1) walked two and struck out 16 for the Falcons (7-1, 2-1), who were led offensively by Haley Cooper (2-for-3, a double and three RBI and Roslyn Wilhelm (2-for-3, one run, one RBI). Ally Blanchette had a triple for NFA (4-5, 1-2).
• Montville threw out a runner at the plate in the sixth inning and scored the winning run in the seventh on an RBI double by Katrina Awad to beat Windham 5-4. Awad, Hannah Meyers and Stefanie Szot each had two hits for Montville (3-5). Brianna Cottrell was the winning pitcher.
• Kirsten Drobiak pitched a one-hitter with six strikeouts as Griswold defeated Tourtellotte 15-0 in a game shortened to five innings. Drobiak also went 3-for-4 with a double for the Wolverines (6-2) while Emily Slonski was 3-for-3 with two RBI and three runs scored, Nycole Sylvestre was 2-for-3 with a double and three RBI and Kasey Ayer was 2-for-2 and scored twice.
• Morgan Charbonnier had three doubles and four RBI in Bacon Academy's 9-6 win over East Lyme in the ECC Large. Makaila Kowalsky and Kelsey McCarthy had two hits each for the Bobcats (6-1, 2-1). Madison Horner had two hits and three RBI for East Lyme (6-2, 1-2).
• Megan Spellman and Kelli Connors combined on a one-hitter, as Waterford shut out Woodstock 16-0 in an ECC Large game called after five innings because of the mercy rule. Kate Haff went 5-for-5 with three RBI and four runs scored while Spellman and Talia Rickerson each had three hits and four RBI for the Lancers (7-1, 3-0). Connors and Elaina Sullivan each had two hits and three RBI.
• Hanna Gumbs and Elizabeth Santana had doubles for Grasso Tech in an 8-0 loss to unbeaten Cheney Tech in the Constitution State Conference.