Waterford - Nolan Long pitched a no-hitter and had a home run, leading the Waterford High school baseball team past Woodstock 7-0 Tuesday in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division.
Long (3-0) struck out nine and went 2-for-3 with two RBI for the Lancers. Brian Gencarelli had a home run, a double and scored two runs while James Annello had two hits and three RBI and Seth Hoagland had a single, double and RBI.
Waterford is 6-1 overall, 3-0 in the conference.
In other games:
• Doug Domnarski pitched a complete game and registered his ninth strikeout for the final out, leaving the bases loaded, as Stonington beat St. Bernard 4-3. Brian Frosti had a single, double and scored two runs for the Bears (6-3). Avery Barlow went 2-for-3 with a double and two runs scored for St. Bernard (4-4).
• Bacon Academy scored all three of its runs in the third inning, two of them unearned, and held on for a 3-2 win over Lyman Memorial. An error, Nate Kozlowski's RBI single and a sacrifice fly by Danny Pinto accounted for Bacon's runs.
Alex Couture had two hits for the Bobcats (4-3) and also earned the save by entering with the game with runners on first and second with no outs and retiring Lyman's 2-3-4 hitters.
Aedin Wadja and Casey Szuba each had two hits for Lyman (5-3).
• Brendan McElhone pitched a one-hitter, walking two and striking out 12, as Old Saybrook rolled to an 11-1 win over Hyde of New Haven in the Shoreline Conference. Justin Beal and Chris Liggio had three hits apiece for the Rams (5-4), while Alex Cabral was 2-for-4 with two RBI and two runs and Steve Carlson went 2-for-2, scored twice and drove in a run.
• Ledyard held off a furious Wheeler rally to beat the Lions 7-6. The Colonels (3-4) were sailing along behind pitcher Chris Turner until Wheeler scored five runs in the top of the seventh before John Rainey came on to get the final hitter and earn the save. Kyle Perry went 2-for-2 with two runs and an RBI double for Ledyard, Ty Riemann had a two-run double and Isiah Cruz doubled. Trevor Stefanski went 2-for-3 to lead Wheeler (0-7), while Troy Stefanski and Nate Storey each doubled.
• Sam Blanchette singled, doubled and drove in two runs in Norwich Tech's 7-3 loss to Ellis Tech in the Constitution State Conference. The Warriors are 4-5, 2-3.