Waterford - Waterford High School's Dana Aing defeated Lyman Memorial's Eric McGee at No. 1 singles, 7-6 (4), 4-6, 6-3, leading the Lancers' boys' tennis team to a 6-1 victory Wednesday over Lyman Memorial.
Shashwat Kala, Matt Getty and Alan Luner also won singles matches for Waterford (6-2) and doubles wins went to the teams of Tucker Murphy and Brett Pias and James Maryeski and Sean Ryan.
A.J. Gonnelli and Ian Montgomery won at No. 2 doubles for Lyman (5-3).
In other matches:
• Prince Patel, Hrishi Somayaji, Unni Kurumbail and Nick Hotary won singles matches and East Lyme defeated New London 7-0 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. The Vikings are 6-0, 4-0. New London is 2-6, 0-3.
• Jon Skogerboe, Casey Sartor, Doug Schweid and Jacob Aubrecht won singles matches and Stonington blanked Killingly 7-0. The Bears are 4-2.
• Nicholas Zuczek, Chris Renaud, Kevin Peters and Matt Suprenant won singles matches and St. Bernard blanked Bacon Academy 7-0. The Saints are 6-1. Bacon is 0-4.
• Josh Powell, Sam Buffum, Adam Verhoeff and Jon Powell won in singles and the Williams School defeated St. Andrews 7-0. Rudy Harvey-Jenner Foster, Brian Bradley-Victoria Ferrigno and Juli Brown-Hunt Welch won in doubles for the Blues.
• Eric Sun, James Cusamano, Jason Smith and Zach Higgins won singles matches for Ledyard in a 7-0 victory over Montville. Doubles winners for the Colonels (2-5) were Weston Blake and Justin Patrick, Anuj Desai and Jake Skilbred and Ben McHale and Alex Scholz. Montville is 0-4.
• East Lyme remained unbeaten with a 7-0 victory over New London in the ECC Large Division. Sophi Shi, Sherry Yang, Melinda Li and Samantha Hart were singles winners for the Vikings (6-0, 4-0). Hart won the best match of the day with a 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 win over New London freshman Lillian James. New London is 2-5, 0-3.
• Evelyn Luner, Nisha Rajawohan, Lauren Rahr and Lexi Moger won in singles and Waterford blanked Lyman Memorial 7-0. The Lancers are 5-2. Lyman is 2-5.
• Addy Jakuba, Callie Bateman, KC Wilson and Madi Blask won in singles and Ledyard blanked Montville 7-0. The Colonels are 3-4. Montville is 0-4.
• Lauren Gagnon, Marleni Tubercio, Morgan Deschamps, Ashley Ziroli and Sam Fannon helped Norwich Tech sweep singles and defeat Prince Tech of Hartford 7-0. The Warriors are 2-2.
• Bacon beat St. Bernard 4-3, handing the Saints their first loss. Cassie Skelley and Amanda Koss won singles matches for Bacon (1-4) and Susy Kusmierski and Jacquie Csisar won their matches for St. Bernard (6-1). Bacon got doubles wins from the teams of Becca Fox-Casey Seymour and Carley Petit-Erica Cordatos and St. Bernard's team of Emily Patten and Alexa Massad won their match.
• Myeerah Zhang, Christie DeAntonis and Daniela Palomeque won singles matches to help lift Old Saybrook to a 4-2 win over Coginchaug in the Shoreline Confernce. The No. 3 doubles match wasn't completed due to rain. The Rams (5-2) also picked up a doubles win from the No. 1 team of Allyson Hanover-Mackenzie Beal.
• Madison Ahearn was Griswold's lone winner at No. 4 singles in a 6-1 loss to Windham. The Wolverines are 0-6.
• Liz Osborn and Diana Francis won No. 2 doubles in Fitch's 6-1 loss to Woodstock in the ECC Large Division. The Falcons are 1-4, 0-3.