Montville — The Montville High School baseball team scored four runs in the bottom of the seventh inning Wednesday to defeat East Lyme 6-5.
The Indians (10-2) trailed 5-2 before Corey Wilcox tripled with one out in the seventh. Nick Kinder followed with a run-scoring single. One out later, Brandon Haas hit his second RBI double of the game to score Kinder. After Ken Strecker was hit by a pitch, Jordan Volpe followed with the game-tying single.
Tyler Guetens produced the game-winning run with an infield single.
Zach Lutzen came on to pitch with the bases loaded and two outs in the top of the seventh for the Indians. He struck out the only batter he faced to earn the win. Dominic Walmsley went 2 1/3 innings of relief, striking out five, allowing two hits and one run.
Pete Gonski's two-run single in the fifth gave East Lyme (9-3) a 4-2 lead. Chase Livingston went 2-for-4.
In other games:
• Doug Domnarski pitched a three-hitter, leading Stonington past Woodstock 3-0. Pat Coan had a single and double and Connor Buckley had two hits for the Bears (8-3). Domnarski, a left-hander, is 3-1.
• Chris Fowler drove in three runs and Mark Grigg had two hits and two RBI as Wheeler won its first game of the season, 6-4 over Tourtellotte in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division. Trevor Stefanski was the winning pitcher for the Lions (1-9, 1-3).
• Josh Vincent pitched a four-hitter with nine strikeouts, leading New London to a 2-0 win over Ledyard. Gabriel Diaz doubled for New London (6-4). Chris Turner (3-2) also pitched a four-hitter with nine strikeouts for Ledyard (3-7).
• Casey Szuba and Austin Creamer doubled in Lyman Memorial's 6-1 win over Plainfield in the ECC Small. Keith Chamberlain pitched a two-hitter for the Bulldogs (6-5, 3-1).
• Old Saybrook committed five errors and Jake DeCarli pitched a three-hitter as Haddam-Killingworth beat the Rams 7-3 in the Shoreline Conference. Justin Beal had a RBI double for the Rams (6-7, 5-6). H-K is 9-4, 8-3.
• Grasso Tech lost to Goodwin Tech 4-3 in a CSC East game. Bryan Cespedes (0-2) pitched a four-hitter for Grasso. Ryan Huston drove in two runs and Cespedes singled and doubled for Grasso (3-8, 2-6).
• Williams School committed five errors in an 11-3 loss to Providence Country Day School. Liam Tresnan had a two-run double for the Blues (2-9).