East Lyme - Erin DeLucca's goal with 22 seconds remaining capped a furious comeback and gave East Lyme High School a dramatic 10-9 girls' lacrosse victory over Hand of Madison on Wednesday night.
The Vikings (7-2) overcame an early 6-1 deficit and still trailed 9-7 when they scored the game's final three goals in the last 2:26. They scored eight goals in the second half.
Kiki Ryan led East Lyme with five goals while DeLucca and Jill Bartlett added two goals and two assists apiece and Madison Cohen also scored a goal.
Kara McHugh scored five goals for Hand (5-5), which beat East Lyme 12-9 in the semifinals of last year's Class M state tournament.
• Nate Wilson scored three goals as Norwich Free Academy defeated Stonington 7-5. Tyler Guertin had two goals for NFA (9-2). Stonington is 6-3.
• Jimmy Fairfield-Sonn finished with five goals and three assists as Old Lyme defeated Morgan of Clinton 14-10.
Sean McMahon added four goals and an assist and Graham Girty three goals and an assist for the Wildcats.
• Medalist Nick Hedden led the way as Waterford beat Fitch 7-0. Hedden shot a 4-over-par 39, beating Corey Jones by a stroke in the No. 1 match. Chris Alfera (41), Bill Sullivan (44), Tyler Goddu (48) and Matt Shea (45) also won their matches for Waterford (4-4).
• Torin Radicioni, Ben Reed, Paul Hanrahan and Zack Meng won matches for Montville during its 6-1 victory over Wheeler in an ECC Small Division match at Norwich Golf Course. The Indians are 3-4, 1-3. Coletan Lamb earned Wheeler's point.
The Lions are 0-7, 0-3.
• Medalist Jack Ayers shot a 36 and Old Saybrook defeated East Hampton 160-187. J.T. Giegerich shot a 39 for the Rams.
• Sophomore Justin Bohara was the medalist, firing a 38 in NFA's 7-0 win over New London in an ECC Large match at Norwich Golf Course. Nick Kamireddy had a 40 and Chad Vincent a 43 for the Wildcats (7-2, 5-1).
Anthony Neally (50) had the low score for New London (0-7. 0-6).
• Norwich Tech beat Hartford Capital Prep by forfeit in a CSC match, as Capital only had three golfers. Brendan Liebal (42) and Alex Valdes (46) led the way for Norwich Tech (5-4, 5-4).
• Paul Burdick shot a career-best 44 as Old Lyme defeated Portland 170-177 in a Shoreline Conference match at Black Hall. The Wildcats are 6-3-2, 3-1-1.
• Grasso Tech lost to Parish Hill in a CSC match, 167-200. Steve Robarge led Grasso with a 41.
• Stonington won four out of five races in a regatta with East Lyme, Old Lyme and Guilford. The Bears won the varsity boys' 1, 2 and 3 races and the varsity girls' 2 race and finished fourth in the varsity girls' 1 race.
In the varsity boys' 1 boat for Stonington were Jay Nieuwenhuis, Zach Goldberg, Ryan Lee, Kyle Cavanaugh, Eddie Bockowski, Logan Hertlein, Chris Chapman, Andrew McCauley and coxswain Rachael Brown.
• Brandy LeClair won the 1,600 and 3,200 to lift Fitch past Woodstock Academy 83-67 in the ECC Large Division. Jaryn Burgis (shot put), Christina Szczesny (800), Marissa Steel (javelin), Renee Harms (high jump) and McKensie Umrysz (triple jump) also won events for the Falcons (2-4, 2-2).
• Waterford lost to Windham 85-56 in an ECC Medium Division meet, but beat Windham Tech 92-58 in a nonleague meet. Genaya Loftis (100), Savannah Artis (200), Mary Koller (400) and Sara-Caitrin Mandelburg (3200) won events for Waterford (2-4, 0-3).
• Arrow Johnson won three events, leading Stonington to an 83-46 win over Lyman Memorial in an ECC Small Division meet Tuesday. Johnson won the 100 meters (11.4), 200 (24.0) and 400 (57.3).