Montville - Kenny Strecker's three hits and four RBI Thursday helped the Montville High School baseball team post a 10-1 victory over Stonington, leaving the Indians as the lone unbeaten team in the Eastern Connecticut Conference's Medium Division.
Strecker hit a two-run double in the first inning.
Max Hart went 3-for-3 with four runs scored and Corey Wilcox also went 3-for-4 for the Indians (11-2, 5-0). Winning pitcher Tre Gonzalez earned his fourth win, allowing a run in six innings.
Doug Domnarski doubled and scored Stonington's only run. The Bears are 8-4, 3-1.
In other games:
• Nolan Long's three-run home run and Seth Hoagland's two-run double highlighted Waterford's five-run rally in the sixth inning as the Lancers defeated Norwich Free Academy 8-6 in the ECC Medium Division. Waterford (9-1, 6-0) entered the inning trailing 6-3. Brian Gencarelli had a two-run single for Waterford. NFA (6-7, 4-5) scored six runs in the fourth inning.
• Fitch scored two runs in the top of the first inning and held on to beat East Lyme 2-1 in an ECC Large Division game. Shawn Nadeau and David Hall each had a hit and stole a base for Fitch (10-2, 4-1), which has won nine straight games and hosts first-place Waterford at 7 tonight. Al Jordan Johnson (2-0) pitched a three-hitter with seven strikeouts and two walks for the win. East Lyme is 9-4, 3-2.
• Windham scored a run in the seventh to snap a 5-5 tie and defeated Bacon Academy 6-5 in the ECC Medium Division. Matt Scheidel had two hits for Bacon (5-5, 1-4).
• Chris Turner and John Rainey had two hits apiece in Ledyard's 6-0 loss to Killingly in the ECC Medium Division. The Colonels are 3-8, 0-5.
• Woodstock Academy rallied for five runs in the top of the seventh inning and went on to beat New London 9-8 in an ECC Large Division game. Nate Medina had two hits and scored three runs, Nova Crespo had two hits and scored twice and Luis Sanchez had two hits for New London (6-5, 1-4).
• Austin Creamer pitched a five-hitter, striking out four and walking one, in Lyman Memorial's 4-0 shutout of Griswold in the ECC Small. The Bulldogs (7-5, 4-1) scored two runs in the first inning on a groundout and Casey Szuba's RBI single that brought home Chris Gonnelli, who doubled. Ben Gould and Szuba each had two hits and an RBI. The Griswold is 6-6, 2-2.