Groton - Aaron Hill drove in two runs with a triple in the fifth inning Friday as the Fitch High School baseball team topped Waterford 2-1 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division game with first place at stake.
It was the 10th straight win for Fitch (11-2, 5-1), which got a complete-game, six-hitter from Jon Mewha. Mewha struck out five.
Waterford scored its only run in the sixth on an RBI single by Dan Santos, driving in Mike Martin. Jordan Hamler pitched a complete game, as well, for the Lancers (10-1, 5-1), allowing six hits and striking out seven.
Waterford defeated Fitch 6-1 on April 9.
In other games:
• Nova Crespo hit a two-run single as New London edged Norwich Free Academy 4-3 in the ECC Large Division. Jamie Santos was the winning pitcher for the Whalers (7-2, 2-4). NFA is 6-8, 1-5.
• Avery Barlow was 3-for-3 with a double, four RBI and two stolen bases in St. Bernard's 11-4 victory in the ECC Small Division. Winning pitcher Willie Rios (3-1) struck out 11 through 5 1/3 innings and added a double for the Saints (7-4, 4-0). Wheeler is 1-10, 1-4.
• Anthony Carambot went 2-for-3 with a two-run single, leading East Lyme to a 4-2 win over Woodstock in an ECC Large Division game. Ed Lorah led off the game with a home run for East Lyme (10-4, 4-2).
• Nick Kinder went 2-for-3 with two runs scored and three RBI and Montville defeated Bacon Academy 10-1 in the ECC Medium Division. Winning pitcher Corey Wilcox went five innings and also had three hits and three runs scored. Brandon Haas went 2-for-4 with two runs and two RBI for Montville (12-2, 6-0). Bacon is 5-6, 1-5.
• Evan August pitched a three-hitter and Kavan Jakuba had two hits, two RBI and two runs scored as Ledyard defeated Stonington 5-2 in the ECC Medium Division. Chris Turner also doubled for Ledyard (4-8, 1-5). Pat Coan had two hits for Stonington (8-5, 3-2).
• Losing pitcher Justin Beale allowed four hits and hit an RBI triple in Old Saybrook's 6-1 loss to North Branford. The Rams are 6-8.