Lebanon - Haley McCall's base hit to center field with one out in the bottom of the eighth inning scored Morgan Reese and gave Lyman Memorial a 5-4 victory over St. Bernard on Monday, a win that allowed the Bulldogs to clinch at least a share of the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division softball title.
Lyman (9-4, 7-0) can clinch the title outright with a win at Wheeler on Wednesday afternoon.
McCall finished 2-for-5 while Chelsey Hussey went 3-for-4 and scored a run while Tori Lussier was 2-for-4 with a double and RBI for the Bulldogs, who rallied for three runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to tie the game at 4-4.
Rivkah Berkman went 2-for-4 with a pair of RBI for the Saints (7-8, 3-4) while Melissa Halloran, Sho Berkman and Tara Kowalski added two hits apiece.
In other games:
• Stonington sophomore Theresa Kane pitched a no-hitter in the Bears' 16-0 victory over New London in the ECC Medium Division, shortened to five innings due to the mercy rule. Kane struck out 10, walked two and also had two hits. Katie Headley added two hits, including a triple, and two RBI and Emily Rubin and Julie Royer added two hits each for Stonington (12-2, 6-1). New London is 3-10, 0-7.
• Bryauna Phillips pitched a five-hitter as Ledyard qualified for the state tournament with a 5-1 victory over Windham in the ECC Medium Division. Lindsey Reinhart went 2-for-3 with a triple and three RBI for the Colonels (8-6, 4-3) while Fran Francischelli had two hits, including a solo home run.
• Wheeler catcher Kaitlin Banks threw out the potential tyying run at second base to end the game as the Lions held on for a 4-3 victory over Montville in the ECC Small Division. Summer Cipriani went the distance for Wheeler (7-7, 4-3), allowing only one earned run while striking out six. She also went 2-for-2 with an RBI. Syd Tomaszek was 2-for-4 with a double and two RBI for the Indians (5-8, 1-5).
• Alana Luzzio pitched a four-hitter and added a pair of triples and three runs scored as Fitch defeated Bacon Academy 10-3 in the ECC Large Division. Luzzio struck out eight and walked three for Fitch (12-2, 5-2), while Jackie Lewis added two hits and two runs scored and Holly Noe two hits and three RBI. Alicia White homered for Bacon (10-3, 4-3).
• Kirsten Drobiak hit a two-run homer to highlight a four-run fourth inning as Griswold beat Killingly 11-6 in the ECC Medium Division. Talia Coleman had three hits, two RBI and two runs scored and Nycole Sylvestre and Elizabeth Olszewski each had two hits for Griswold (13-2, 7-0).
• Dana Pendleton had a double and scored a run in Old Saybrook's 3-2 loss to East Hampton in the Shoreline Conference. Kelsey Root and Alexis Trachucchi both went 1-for-3 with an RBI for the Rams (6-8, 5-7).
• Cami Marion had three singles and three RBI while Sierra Lee had two doubles and three RBI and Jordan Clark added four singles in Norwich Tech's 20-16 win over Ellis Tech. The Warriors are 8-5.
• Old Lyme dropped a doubleheader to Westbrook, 4-0 and 3-1, in the Shoreline Conference. In game one, Kaisea Caramonte and Meg Nosla had singles while Jordan Buscetto had a single and double and Kalyn Riggs had an RBI single in game two for the Wildcats.