Ledyard - Stonington High School strengthened its grip on first place in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division with an 8-4 win over Ledyard Tuesday in boys' lacrosse.
The Bears (8-4, 5-0) never trailed, taking a 4-2 lead at halftime.
"A big win," Stonington coach Paul Deon said. "For the ECC Small, we're in good position right now."
Eddie Moran scored three goals, including one just before halftime, with an assist from goalie Mike Brandon. Dan Riordan and Nick Balestracci each had two goals while Collin Williams had one and Zach Poirier added two assists for the Bears. Brandon finished with eight saves.
For Ledyard (8-5, 4-2), Kevin Kohlhepp had two goals and Nick LoBianco and Mike Evans each had one.
In other games:
• Casey Sullivan scored four goals, including the 100th of his career, and added three assists in Waterford's 15-0 win over Wheeler in the ECC Small Division. Andrew Nassetta had two goals and three assists while Michael Beltran had two goals and Shawn O'Loughlin, Ryan Brouwer, Jon Thomas, Mack Ryan, Spencer Sgandurra, Dan Getty and Bill Barrs each had one for the Lancers (8-4, 3-2). The Lions fell to 0-10, 0-5.
• Chad Berry and Nick Geary each had three goals and an assist in East Lyme's 10-6 win over Fitch in the ECC Large Division. Mac Brodaski had one goal and four assists while Mitchell Andres, Adam Opsahl and Nic Page also scored for the Vikings (9-3, 5-0). Andrew Singer had two goals and Robert Watts had a goal and an assist for the Fitch (4-9, 3-3).
• Steven Makowicki scored five goals to lead NFA to a 14-9 win over Bacon in the ECC Large. Nate Wilson had four goals and an assist, Devon Giannelli had two goals and an assist and Evan Callahan made 22 saves for NFA (11-2, 4-1). Calvin Bussiere scored three goals and had two assists, Troy Alfonso had two goals and an assist and Tommy Scott had four assists and scored a goal for Bacon (4-7, 1-5).
• Stonington scored the game's first six goals and earned an 11-6 victory over Ledyard in the ECC Small Division. Jenny Sieczkiewicz had six goals and two assists for the Bears (8-3, 2-3), who held Ledyard's leading scorer Kerrie Gardner without a goal. Libby Morrison added two goals and two assists and Monica Burdick had two goals and one assist for Stonington, while Michaela Holland scored three goals for Ledyard (8-4, 4-2).
• Allie Wiggins scored four goals and McKenzie Potter had three in Waterford's 14-10 win over Wheeler in the ECC Small Division. Julia Peay and Montara Tomasetti each had two goals while Meg O'Malley, Kierstyn Smith and Amanda Kumpitsch had one apiece for the Lancers (6-4, 5-0). For Wheeler (1-7-1, 0-5), Ashley Iorio had four goals and Jess Muller added three goals while Amy White had two goals and Lindsey Porter had one. Wiggins had six goals and an assist in Waterford's 20-10 win over Woodstock Academy on Monday. Potter added four goals and two assists for the Lancers, O'Malley and Tomasetti each scored three goals and Kumpitsch had a goal and three assists.
• Emma Theiler scored five goals and had two assists while and Carley Phillips added four goals and two assists, lifting St. Bernard past Woodstock 14-4. Anne Foley had two goals while Cassie Keefe, Mary-Kate Bassett and Kaitlyn Cole each had one goal for the Saints (6-5).