Woodstock - Fitch High School clinched at least a shareof the Eastern Connecticut Confer ence Large Division baseball title with a 13-4 win over Woodstock Academy on Saturday.
The Falcons (14-2, 8-1) broke the game open with six runs in the second inning. Jon Mewha (6-0) pitched six innings to earn the win.
"That's 13 straight (wins) for the kids," Fitch coach Marc Peluso. "They've done a great job."
David Hall had a single, double and three RBI and Ollie Auerbach had two hits and two RBI for the Falcons. Fitch is at East Lyme next Saturday in its Large finale. Fitch wraps up the title with a win and shares the title with East Lyme if it loses.
In other games:
• Ben Gould's two-out double in the ninth inning drove in the winning run in Lyman Memorial's 2-1 win over Plainfield at Dodd Stadium in Norwich. Aiden Wadja singled to start the rally.
The Bulldogs (10-5, 7-1) trailed 1-0 in the seventh before Chris Gonnelli singled and scored on Casey Szuba's single. Gonnelli finished with two hits and earned the win, pitching 32/3 innings.
• Izzy Davila pitched a four-hitter with eight strikeouts to lead St. Bernard to a 2-0 win over Griswold in an ECC Small Division game. Jon Malchiodi was 2-for-2 with a double and a stolen base and Tristan Hurley drove in a run for St. Bernard (10-5, 7-1). Tyler Mikula pitched a six-hitter for Griswold (7-10, 3-6).
• Cole Tretter pitched a three-hitter to lift East Lyme to a 6-0 win over NFA in an ECC Large Division game. Tretter (4-1) struck out four with no walks. Eddie Lorah singled and doubled and Pete Gonski drove in two runs for East Lyme (13-4, 7-2). Brandon Deveny had two hits for NFA (6-11, 1-8).
• Tom Dunbar had Bacon Academy's only two hits in a 3-0 loss to Killingly in the ECC Medium. The Bobcats are 6-8, 2-7.
• Jason Dargie pitched a complete game, striking out 11 and scattering six hits, in Waterford's 3-0 win over New London in the ECC Large. Nolan Long went 3-for-3 with an RBI and Jordan Hamler added an RBI for the Lancers (13-3, 7-2). The Whalers fell to 7-8, 2-7.
• Corey Wilcox threw a three-hitter in Montville's 3-0 shutout of Ledyard in the ECC Medium. Brandon Haas had an RBI double in the first inning for the Indians (15-2, 9-0). The Colonels are 4-11, 1-8).
• Billy Buscetto had a two-run single and winning pitcher Nick Bellas allowed three hits in 51/3 innings, lifting Old Lyme past Hale-Ray, 3-0, in the Shoreline Conference. Mike Mann had two hits and Slater Gregory pitched in relief for the Wildcats (10-6, 9-6).
• Westbrook rallied from an early 4-2 deficit to beat Old Saybrook 6-5 in the Shoreline Conference. Max Alden hit a grand slam in the third inning for the Rams (7-9).