Norwich - The William W. Backus Hospital will host its annual Safety Camp from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot outside the Backus Medical Office Building.
During the event, children will be able to crawl through the fire safety trailer, check out fire trucks and ambulances and learn about injury prevention and what to do in an emergency through interactive activities. Activities are suitable for children of all ages, from toddlers to teens.
Highlights of the event, which is organized by Backus and American Ambulance, will include:
· Tours of LIFE STAR medical helicopter.
· Giveaways of bicycle helmets, along with bicycle safety tips.
· A visit by Smokey Bear
· Displays of the State Police convincer and rollover simulator
· Booths featuring a variety of summer safety information and interactive activities
· Face painting, free food and refreshments.
This is the eighth year Backus has hosted Safety Camp. Admission is free and registration is not required. For information, contact Gillian Mosier at (860) 889-8331 ext. 3220.