Old Saybrook - Montara Tomasetti scored a goal with five seconds remaining Tuesday to give the Waterford High School girls' lacrosse team a 10-9 victory over Old Saybrook.
Tomasetti finished with five goals for the Lancers (8-7), while Allie Wiggins and McKenzie Potter had two each. Molly Beck scored seven goals for Old Saybrook (9-6).
• East Lyme's Barbara Wilson will attempt to defend her individual title today when the second annual Eastern Connecticut Conference girls' golf tournament takes place at Quinnatisset Country Club.
Woodstock Academy is the defending team champion in the event, which tees off at 2 p.m.
• Griswold's Sean Shepard shot a 37 and Joseph Barile a 38 to help Griswold beat Killingly 4-3 at Connecticut National in Putnam. The Wolverines (11-4) won the match by capturing the two-point medal score 158-173.
• Chris Bovino earned medalist honors with a 39 at Elmridge Golf Course's par-36 Blue Course as Stonington beat Bacon Academy 7-0. Willy Blanchette (41), Sam Ognisty (44), Peter Hoops (45) and Joel Nelson (45) also won for the Bears (14-5). Bacon is 5-10.
• Fitch's Bryan Mattison shot a 48 and was the Falcons' low scorer in a 171-198 nonleague loss to Morgan at Clinton Country club. Luke Teixeira added a 49 for Fitch (3-11).
• Mitch Allen (37) and Colton Day (38) shot the two low scores in Ledyard's 6-1 victory over Wheeler on Monday. Mike Graff (43) and David Eichelberg (47) also won for the Colonels (7-4-1) while Coleton Lamb (45) posted the lone win for Wheeler (0-13).