Willimantic - Keith Chamberlain pitched a no-hitter, leading Willimantic to a 1-0 win over Ledyard-Pawcatuck Thursday night in an American Legion baseball Zone VI game.
Chamberlain, the Lyman Memorial standout, struck out six and walked one. He also drove in the game's only run, doubling home Luis Vega in the first inning.
In other games:
• Mike Mann and Brendon Johnson each drove in two runs to help lead Niantic to a 4-3 win over Danielson in its Zone VI opener.
Jake Unwin picked up the win, pitching to innings of scoreless relief. Mann's two-run double in the bottom of the sixth secured the victory. Johnson also doubled for Niantic.
• Marc McGrath Jr. and Rohan Parekh had two hits each to help lead Montville to a 6-5 win over New London. Parekh scored twice and McGrath drove in a run and scored a run. Becket Scannelli had two hits and scored a run for New London.
SEC 16-18 Babe Ruth
• Nick Kuvalanka and Jace Montesanto each had three hits and drove in two runs as East Lyme beat Tri-County II 13-4. Travis Kohl also had three hits for East Lyme (3-1) and Slater Gregory was the winning pitcher and tripled. Dylan Olzacki had a two-run double for Tri-County.
• Brad Schnelle pitched six strong innings to help lift the Vermont Mountaineers to a 3-0 victory over the winless Mystic Schooners in a New England Collegiate Baseball League game at Fitch. Schnelle allowed four hits with four strikeouts and one walk. Rich Mangione took the loss for Mystic (0-5).
• Five local players will participate in the Connecticut Super Junior boys' game tonight at Cheshire High School, beginning at 7 p.m. East Lyme's Mitchell Andres, Evan Long and Scott DeLaura were selected to the team along with Mitchell Kezer and Dan Riordan of Stonington.
The are 50 players in the game - 25 per team - and the are juniors from around the state that were nominated by their coaches and were selected after tryouts.
Three local players also played in the girls' game last night at Wesleyan University in Middletown. Kiki Ryan of East Lyme, Megan Gada of NFA and Taylor Emmerson of Bacon Academy were all selected to play in the game.
Six local girls played in the Senior All-Star Game Wednesday night at Fairfield Warde. Ledyard's Colleen Rusk and Caitlin Larmann and East Lyme's Madison Cohen, Erin DeLucca, Olivia DeLea and Erin Fritz were all selected to play.