Norwich - Juaner Aguasvivas and Patrick Smith each had two hits, including a home run, with three RBI and a run as the Connecticut Tigers routed the Vermont Lake Monsters Monday 8-0 in the first game of a New York-Penn League Stedler Division doubleheader at Dodd Stadium.
Jordan Dean had a single, two RBI and a run for Connecticut (4-10) and Edgar De La Rosa scattered three hits over six innings with four strikeouts and a walk to earn the win.
The Lake Monsters are 8-6.
• Mitch Furber and Mickey Amanti combined to pitch a one-hitter as Esh's beat Northeast Nine 4-0. Kiki Martinez had two hits, a run and a stolen base, Jesse Sutherland doubled and scored and Yohendy Gonzalez had a single and an RBI for Esh's (9-3). Chris Murphy singled for Northeast (3-6) and Josh Dow allowed five hits over six innings.
American Legion Zone VI
• Jordan Kowalski scored the winning run in the eighth for Ledyard-Pawcatuck in a 2-1 victory over Jewett City. Paul Hallinan got the win in relief for Ledyard-Pawcatuck, which overcame a 1-0 deficit with a run in the seventh and one in the eighth.
District 6 Babe Ruth (15)
• Tom McDonald had two hits, including a double as Montville beat Pawcatuck 11-3. Pat Monahan had three hits for Montville. Joey Stiger had two hits for Pawcatuck.
• Connor Lewis and Griffin Archambault both tripled as Waterford beat New London 4-1. Jacob Hollis and Gabe Cortorreal each had a double for New London.
District 6 Babe Ruth (14)
• Mike Bruce scattered four hits over 6 2/3 innings as Ledyard beat Waterford 6-4. Kyle Haney struck out the last batter for the save.
District 6 Babe Ruth (13)
• Mitchell Clapsadle pitched a one-hitter as Waterford beat Tri-County 6-0. Dan Castelpoggi had three hits, including a double, with three RBI for Waterford and Chase Speller had a single and an RBI.
• Owen Stanfield had three hits and Seth Rockwell pitched Mystic past Pawcatuck 2-0. Third baseman Mike Dellaporta played strong defense for Mystic. Jack Donohue had two hits for Pawcatuck.
District 10 (11-12)
• Connor McCrea was the winning pitcher, striking out seven, as Mystic defeated Waterford North 10-0 in four innings. Josh Georgetti had two hits, including a grand slam, and Tyler Andrews, Frankie DelCampo and Cameron Whalen each had added two hits. T.J. McBride had two hits for Waterford North.
• Liam Wallace had three hits, including a triple and two RBI, as Pawcatuck defeated Colchester 11-1, getting 14 hits in all. Andrew Field had two hits and an RBI, Ben Dellacono tripled, Kyle Whipple had two doubles and Parker Foss and William Van Duyne each had one hit for Pawcatuck. Foss was the winning pitcher, allowing one hit. Paul Chasse had the only hit for Colchester, a home run.
District 10 (10-11)
• Winning pitcher Eddie Kaftan also had two hits and two runs scored for Lyme-Old Lyme in a 7-3 defeat of East Lyme. Kaftan pitched five innings, striking out four. Alexander Riggs led the attack with two hits and three RBI. Jake Schelkly had two hits and Riley Carr tripled for East Lyme.
District 11 (10-11)
• Cameron Genest pitched a one-hitter with nine strikeouts and Jason Hall had three hits, including a triple, as SFC beat Putnam 10-1 to advance to Saturday's championship game. Lavery Hill had two hits and Shaun Rivera and Noah Krys each scored twice.
District 10 (9-10)
• Isabelle Sawicki was the winning pitcher for Salem-Bozrah in a 9-4 victory over Waterford South in the winners' bracket. Abby Bradford and Ashley Lawton each had two hits for Salem/Bozrah, which advanced to the championship round and will host Thursday's game. Lena McKittrick had a run-scoring double for Waterford South.
• Allison Georgetti pitched a one-hitter with nine strikeouts in four innings as Mystic defeated Lyme-Old Lyme 14-1 in the losers' bracket. Casey Flax had a hit and scored four runs for Mystic, while Karly Morales and Avery VanLew each had two hits and Olivia Travers had a double and scored twice for Mystic. Mya Johnson had a hit and scored a run for Lyme-Old Lyme.
• James Jones of Greatbrook Sports shot a low-round 68 at the 78th Connecticut Open qualifier at Lake of Isles Golf Club. Philip Perry of Black Hall Club finished third (71), Michael Masso from Lake Of Isles tied for fifth (75) and Nick Torrance of Lake of Isles tied for seventh (76). All four golfers will compete in the Open July 30-Aug. 1 at Darien's Wee Burn Country Club.
• Waterford's Nick Hedden shot a 75 and is ninth after the first day of the Connecticut Junior PGA Championship at Watertown Golf Club and the Country Club of Waterbury. Old Lyme's Matti Fuller is tied for 12th (77), East Lyme's Francis Shields is tied for 17th (80) and Joey Barile of Griswold is tied for 23rd (81). The final round will be held today.