Groton - Blaise Lezynski (Notre Dame) scored on a wild pitch with two outs in the bottom of the eighth inning as the Mystic Schooners edged the first-place Newport Gulls 7-6 Thursday in a New England Collegiate Baseball League Eastern Division game at Fitch High School.
Connor David (UConn) hit a two-run home run for Mystic (4-23) and Andrew Santomauro (Lafayette) added two hits, including a triple, and two runs.
Kasey Coffman (Arizona State) hit a two-run home run and scored three times for the Gulls (20-6).
Cyclones beat Tigers
• Stefan Sabol had two hits, including a double, and scored as the Brooklyn Cyclones beat the Connecticut Tigers 4-1 in a New York-Penn League game played before 1,011 at Dodd Stadium.
Dimas Ponce had a single and two runs for the Cyclones (15-9) and winning pitcher Rainy Lara allowed three hits over six innings with an earned run, eight strikeouts and a walk. Jake Stewart had two hits, including a solo home run, for the Tigers (7-17).
American Legion Zone VI
• Jason Dargie pitched a complete game and Willie Rios had two hits as Waterford scored all of its runs in the first inning and beat Ledyard-Pawcatuck 6-1.
Jordan Hamler tripled and Seth Hoagland doubled for Waterford. Nate Storey, Troy Stefanski and Bryan Harper doubled for Ledyard-Pawcatuck.
• Nick Pappas pitched a complete-game five-hitter, while Ryan Nickerson had three hits as Niantic defeated Jewett City 6-2. Logan Banker and Tim Donahue each added two hits and two RBI for Niantic (10-9) while Bevan Sweet had three hits for Jewett City (5-12).
• Brandon Deveny went 4-for-6 with two stolen bases and a run as Norwich beat Moosup 12-3. Daniel MacLean went 3-for-3 with a stolen base and a run for Norwich (10-7) while Brandin Strickland had two hits, including a double.
• Beriah Smith singled and scored three times and Ken Olszewski had a single, three RBI and a run as the Pirates defeated Northeast Nine 9-7 late Wednesday. Jack Turner doubled and scored for the Pirates. Andrew Crouch went 3-for-4 with three RBI and a run for Northeast and Jesus Rodriguez added a single, two runs and two RBI.
• Yohendy Gonzalez's RBI single in the bottom of the seventh inning gave Esh's its 6-5 win over the ACD Rangers late Wednesday. Jesse Sutherland had two hits, including a triple, with three runs and an RBI for Esh's and Joe Luginsland added two hits and scored. Conor Gillespie, Dan Iliff, Anthony Ruffo and Stephano Stravoravdis all singled and scored for ACD.