Groton — Matt O' Herron (Franklin Pierce) went 4-for-4 with three RBI and two runs as the Mystic Schooners beat the North Adams SteepleCats Tuesday, 8-1, in their final game of the New England Collegiate Baseball League season played before 175 at Fitch High School.
Eric Yavarone (UConn) went 3-for-4, including a three-run home run, with two runs for the Schooners (9-31). Also, Jeff Stoddard (Sacred Heart) scattered four hits over seven innings with eight strikeouts and a walk to earn the win.
Mystic was scheduled to play the Laconia Muskrats in a rescheduled game. The Muskrats finished two games ahead of the Sanford Mainers in the Eastern Division standings, so the game was canceled.
Senior League softball (15-16)
• Waterford lost to Massachusetts champion Westfield 6-4 at the Eastern Regionals in Worcester, Mass., finishing 2-2 in pool play. The District 10 champions remain alive to gain a spot in Thursday's semifinals, but will have to wait until the results of today's games are in to know if they advance.
Megan Elphick had two hits and drove in a run, Amy Bouchard singled and drove in three runs and Marisa Boch and Ally Pezzolesi had singles for Waterford.
• Montville was eliminated from the state tournament after losing twice Tuesday. The Zone VI champion was beaten by Avon, 2-1, in its first game. It later lost to Greenwich, 6-0.
Sutera tournament (11-12)
• Eddie Aledia hit two home runs as Waterford North beat Mystic, 14-10. T.J. McBride and Clancy Susi also homered for Waterford. Connor McCrea had two home runs for Mystic and Josh Georgetti added another.
• Andrew Field got the win in relief as Pawcatuck nipped East Lyme, 8-7. Field and Ben Dellacona hit home runs for Pawcatuck. Will Luzzi struck out seven for East Lyme and Matt Abbey added three hits, including a home run. Dev Ostrowski also had three hits.
Sutera tournament (9-10)
• Giovani Valentine struck out eight as Mystic topped Lyme-Old Lyme, 6-5. Pacey Steele had three hits and Sam Davis had two hits for Mystic. Parker Stone and Kyle Signa each had two hits for Lyme-Old Lyme.
• Sam Bessette threw a one-hitter with seven strikeouts as Pawcatuck defeated Groton, 9-1. R.J. Parrilla had three for Pawcatuck and Will Cannella had two hits. Cody Jones had Groton's only hit.
• Luke Leonard hit walk-off double as East Lyme beat Pawcatuck, 6-5. Ethan Toback drove in the tying run for East Lyme and Leonard added three hits. Also, Nolan Connolly had two hits and Chris Abbey tripled. Joey Hinckley had three hits for Pawcatuck and R.J. Parrilla and Rhys Hammond each had two hits.
• Jess Dow pitched a five-hitter with two earned runs, two strikeouts and two walks and helped his cause with two hits, including a double, and a run as Northeast Nine beat Esh's late Tuesday, 3-2. Andrew Crouch had two hits, including a double, and scored for Northeast (4-11) and Chris Dellaporta singled, walked twice and scored. Scott Fenton had a double, a run and an RBI for Esh's (14-5) and Mike Evans had two hits and scored.
• Chris Wojick pitched a one-hitter to lead Johnny Rockets to a 5-1 win over the ACD Pirates late Tuesday. Wojick (4-0) struck out 11 with no walks. Chris Ouellette and Aaron Zrenda had two hits each and Zrenda scored twice for Johnny Rockets (12-4). Mike Susi's RBI double was the only hit for the Rangers (8-9).