Groton - The Norwich Free Academy girls' cross country team won the battle of the unbeatens Tuesday, earning a 24-32 win over Fitch in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division meet.
Brianna Lenehan of NFA won the meet with a time of 19:59 and teammates Alyssa Field (fourth) and Samantha Tremblay (fifth) also making the top five. NFA (8-0, 3-0) also beat Wheeler 15-49 and Tourtellotte 15-50.
Sarah Dinnovelli of Fitch was second and teammate Alana Olendorf was third. Fitch (6-1, 4-1) beat Wheeler 15-48 and Tourtellotte 15-50. Wheeler (2-8, 2-2) beat Tourtellotte 15-50.
In other meets:
• East Lyme took the top four spots and picked up three wins. Eva Christensen won with a time of 21:39 as the Vikings beat host Lyman Memorial 17-41, Montville 15-46 and New London 15-50 in an ECC Large Division meet. Kirsten Thompson, Zoe Sammlidge and Megan Stoddard followed Christensen across the finish line. Lyman beat Montville 21-40 and New London 15-50 and Montville beat New London 15-50.
• Waterford lost twice in a nonleague meet, falling to host Woodstock Academy 21-40 and Bacon Academy 24-35. Sara Mandelburg was second for Waterford (0-6) at 18:15 and teammate Jeannette Mooney was sixth. Abby LaMarre of Woodstock won with a time of 17:49.
• Norwich Tech lost to Parish Hill 15-50 in a Constitution State Conference meet. Kat Bauman was the top finisher for Norwich Tech (4-3, 2-2), placing fourth in 27:33. Sam Card of Parish Hill won the race in 24:20.
• Grasso Tech split a tri-meet, beating Fishers Island 15-50 and losing to Windham Tech 15-47 in a CSC meet. Olivia Backhaus of Fishers Island won the race with a time of 23:12 and Brooke Flynn was the top finisher for Grasso Tech, coming in eighth.
• NFA placed seven runners in the top eighth and picked up four wins including a 15-50 victory over Fitch in an ECC Large Division meet. NFA (8-1, 2-1) also beat Tourtellotte 15-50, Amistad Academy 15-50 and Wheeler 19-36. Kyle Liang of NFA won with a time of 17:10 and teammates Tyler Sholes (third), Nicefore Reyes (fourth) and Norman Manning (fifth) rounded out the top five.
Asa Palmer was second for Wheeler (4-8, 0-4 ECC Small), which lost to Fitch 25-26 and Tourtellotte 26-29 but beat Amistad 23-32. Fitch (4-4, 1-4) beat Tourtellotte 20-42 and Amistad 15-50.
• East Lyme (9-0, 4-0) won three times, beating host Lyman Memorial 16-45, Montville 26-31 and New London 15-48 in an ECC Large Division meet. Montville (5-2, 3-0) beat New London 16-47 and Lyman 22-33 in an ECC Small meet. Montville took the top two spots, with Dan Linkinhoker winning in a time of 17:44 and Jesse Joseph right behind him. East Lyme rounded out the top five with Ben Ostrowski, Jon Combies and Scott Butler.
• Norwich Tech placed four runners in the top five and beat Parish Hill 21-40 in a CSC meet. Chris Plympton was second in a time of 18:52, followed by Mike Froscello, Aaron Pelletier and Carl Feder-Craney. Norwich Tech is 6-1, 3-1. Dan Caron of Parish Hill won the race in 18:41.
• Connor Gralton won the race in 17:24 and St. Bernard defeated Griswold (19-38 in the ECC Small Division), Windham (15-50) and Stonington (18-40). Ryan Londregan was third overall and Jonathan Cabral fifth for the Saints (8-1, 3-0). Teddy Peglo was fourth overall to lead the Bears.
• Sam Hoch led Fishers Island to a 23-32 win over Grasso Tech in a nonleague meet. Hoch won the race in a time of 20:21 and teammate Robert Backhaus was fourth. Mack Foster was third for Grasso Tech, which lost to Windham Tech 20-44 in a CSC meet. Windham Tech beat Fishers Island 24-37.