East Lyme - Jenna Schumacher had three kills and four blocks and Kiki Ryan added four aces to help lead the East Lyme girls' volleyball team to a 25-11, 25-16 and 25-11 win over Fitch Friday in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division game.
East Lyme (13-2, 6-0) can clinch the ECC Large title Monday with a win at Woodstock. The Vikings beat Woodstock (12-3, 4-1) 3-0 on Sept. 28. They also beat the latter in last season's ECC final and CIAC Class L semifinals.
Olivia Kosztala had five kills and Nikki Schoolcraft had 11 assists for the Falcons (12-3, 4-3).
In other matches:
• Lexus Childs-Harris had 11 kills and three blocks to lead New London to a 3-1 win over Grasso Tech in a nonleague match.
New London won 25-9, 25-19, 17-25, 25-23. Shikiyah Brown had fivek ills and two aces and Berenith Ortiz had 17 assists and five aces for New London (3-9).
Mary Murphy had six aces, Mayra Vitorino had five kills and six digs, Nicole Teixeira had six digs, Ellie Santana had six aces and eight assists and Catrina Nowakowski had three blocks for Grasso (7-9).
• Taylor Penman had 16 assists and four aces as Montville beat Killingly 25-22, 25-20, 23-25, 30-28 in the ECC Small. Stephanie Jaskiewicz had eight digs and four aces for Montville (6-8, 5-1) and Natalie Bowens had nine kills.
• Old Lyme lost to Valley Regional in a Shoreline Conference match, 25-22, 25-15, 25-18. Amanda Burke had six kills and 16 digs and Paige Palenski had eight assists and four aces.
• Cody Poirier scored in the second-half as NFA beat East Lyme, 1-0, in the ECC Large. Timothy Paz had the assist for the Wildcats (7-2-2, 5-2-1) and Carl Chancy had two saves. Tarun Prashanth had seven saves for the Vikings (5-7-2, 2-6-1).
• Jayse Tyropolis had a goal and an assist to help lead Waterford to a 2-0 win over Fitch in an ECC Large Division game. Ian Stygar scored 35 seconds into the game, Kevin Zeppieri had an assist and Elliot Diana made four saves for Waterford (10-2-1, 5-2-1). Adam Jacey made 12 saves for Fitch (3-9-1, 0-7-1).
• Delia Terry won the 200 individual medley and 100 backstroke as East Lyme beat Windham, 108-45, in the ECC. Caroline Gonsalves won the diving and teamed with Melinda Wei, Anneliese Lapides, and Emma Magna to win the 200 freestyle relay for East Lyme (11-1, 10-0). Meghan Volberg won the 100 butterfly and teamed with Madi Lillie, Lenee Ochsner and Lapides to win the 200 medley relay. Alina Mauthe won the 100 freestyle and teamed with Tori Poole, Magna and Wei to win the 400 freestyle relay. Other individual winners for East Lyme were Melissa Vaillancourt (200 freestyle), Xingxin Zhang (50 freestyle), Rachel White (500 freestyle) and Ireland Wilson (100 breaststroke).
• Asia Langley won two events and was part of two winning relay teams as she helped Waterford beat NFA 93-90 in an ECC meet. The win avenged a loss to NFA by the identical score on Oct. 2.
The Lancers (4-7, 4-6) clinched the victory by winning the 400 freestyle relay. Meika Gathy, Kelly Cheng, Catherine Ward and Langley won the event in 4:45.79. Ali McDermott and Ward also won events and Rachel Crawford, McDermott, Gathy and Cheng were each on two winning relay teams. Emma Buckridge won two events and Katherine Aronica, Jessica Charron and Allison Kerr won one event each for NFA (3-8, 3-7).
• Grace Moriarty, Sarah Ferguson and Jackie Kokomoor won two events each as Fitch beat Ledyard 109-61. Michelle Campbell and Madison Teminesi also won events for Fitch (7-3, 7-3). Ledyard is 5-4, 5-4.
• Portland beat Old Lyme 4-1 on Thursday night in a battle for first place in the Shoreline Conference. After Hannah Behringer scored an unassisted goal two minutes into the second half to tie the match at 1-1, Portland scored the next three goals. Old Lyme is 9-2-1, Portland is 10-1-1.