Published November 15. 2012 7:00AM Updated November 15. 2012 7:10AM
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says the cost of damage to Connecticut businesses and homes by Superstorm Sandy is more than $360 million and climbing.
Malloy told the Connecticut Post (http://bit.ly/ZPulAj ) that the sum includes damage in all eight counties and that applications for assistance will keep growing.
He also said the state faces big challenges to strengthen roads, transportation systems and other public works to avoid similar storm damage in the future.
The governor says Connecticut has some "real big infrastructure issues."
Earlier this week, the Federal Emergency Management Agency reported that more than 7,270 property owners have applied for assistance, including 6,000 along the shoreline. About $4 million in federal funding has been awarded to residents affected by the storm, mostly for temporary housing costs.