Published December 28. 2012 4:00AM
New London ? Deanna McCarvell scored 26 points as New London High School beat Wheeler 47-26 Thursday in girls' basketball.
Lexus Childs-Harris had 18 points for New London (3-3).
Summer Cipriani had seven points for Wheeler (2-5).
In other games:
• Alyssa Velles scored 26 points in Norwich Free Academy's 56-51 loss to Newtown in the Manchester Holiday Tournament. Olivia Marks had 11 points for NFA (5-3), while Brittany Molkenthin had 14 rebounds and Olivia Lane had 11.
• Maria Weselyj had 19 points for Mercy of Middletown as it beat Ledyard 48-34 at its Holiday Tournament. Maura Fitzpatrick scored 13 for Mercy (7-0), ranked first in the New Haven Register Top 10 poll. Kylie Fustini had 12 points for the Colonels (5-2) and Michelle Klinikowski added 11.
• Keith Porter had 27 points, 20 rebounds and six steals, leading New London past Hyde of New Haven 72-52. Nick Barner had 13 points and Collin Sawyer scored 11 for the Whalers (3-1).
• Stafford held Wheeler to nine points in the first half and earned a 68-39 win in the Hale-Ray Holiday Tournament. Mike Delaporta led Wheeler (1-4) with 13 points and Troy Stefanski had 16 rebounds.
• Marcus Verren had a game-high 20 points to lead Stratford past NFA 49-44. Bernard Brantley scored 15 for Stratford (2-1). Denzel Lancaster had 16 points for the Wildcats (3-2) and Desmond Miller added 10.
• Chris Teeling had 17 points for Hand of Madison in its 67-51 win over East Lyme Wednesday at the Branford Holiday Tournament. Wade McNamara had four 3-pointers and 30 points for East Lyme (0-5).