Other southeastern Connecticut projects receiving grants:
• $157,000 to Norwich Public Utilities to buy 52.9 acres in Colchester and Salem to expand the Deep River public water supply watershed.
• $500,000 to Woodsmen Trust Inc. to buy the 170 acres Gurley Brook Preserve in East Lyme.
• $256,750 to the Groton Open Space Association Inc. to buy the 91-acre Candlewood Ridge property in Groton.
• $327,000 to the Lyme Land Conservation Trust Inc. to buy 100-acre Lord Property in Lyme which has frontage along Roaring Brook.
• $142,500 to the Avalonia Land Conservancy Inc. to buy the 74-acre Babcock Ridge Preserve in North Stonington.
• $123,516 to the City of Norwich to buy 3.8 acres of commercially-zoned land at 31 New London Turnpike to provide public access to the Yantic River.
• $143,500 to the Old Lyme Land Trust, Inc. to buy the 44-acre Elyandco, Inc. parcel in Old Lyme.
Tri-Town iPad mini ContestEnter for a chance to win an iPad mini
Flat StanleySubmit your Flat Stanley photos for a chance to win!
40 Under Forty 2014Nominate a deserving professional in our region for recognition in our special section.
Connecticut Family Magazine Fall 2014Tell us your favorite children's books, board games, and more. You might be featured in an upcoming issue.
Pro FootballPredict pro football winners each week for a chance at local and national prizes, including a trip to Hawaii.
Photo Calendar ContestSubmit your photos for Southeastern Connecticut for our very popular annual calendar.
Will you be setting a New Year's resolution for 2013?
No current items found