Published January 20. 2013 4:00AM
East Lyme - Senior Allison Stoddard needed less than two minutes to reach 1,000 points for her career, making a pair of quick baskets to ignite East Lyme High School to a 55-16 girls' basketball victory over Killingly on Saturday.
Stoddard finished with eight points, five assists and five steals for the Vikings (11-2), who led 36-5 at the half, while Jenna Schumacher adde 14 points, five steals and five rebounds.
In other games:
• Rachael Orbe scored 20 points to lead Montville to a 45-26 win over Waterford in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division game.
Jamie Hill scored 11 for Montville (10-3, 5-1), which led 25-8 at halftime. Vanessa Kobyluck led Waterford (2-11, 2-4) with 12 points.
• Sloane Sweitzer had 10 points and eight rebounds, but Old Lyme was beaten by Valley Regional, 39-26, in the Shoreline Conference. The Wildcats are 2-10.
• Shelby Lusker had 11 points and Ellie McCarthy added 13 rebounds, but Fishers Island was beaten by O'Brien Tech of Ansonia 47-30.
• Woodstock Academy overcame a 17-10 first-quarter deficit to defeat East Lyme 74-54 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Wade McNamara led the Vikings (3-9, 0-5) with 32 points, making five 3-pointers.
• Montville won its second tournament in as many tries, winning the Casey Yates Memorial Invitational at Lyman Memorial behind three individual champions. Montville had 221 points and Windsor was second at 161. Joey Rainville (113 pounds), Jacob Caskey (132) and Ryan Murtha (285) won titles for Montville. Second places went to Montville's Tommy Wynosky (126) and Fitch's Jordan Kenyon (160). Fitch was ninth with 46 points.
Other Montville results included third-place finishes for Zach Looney (108), Stephen Rogers (120), Pat Bogan (170) and Brent Politowicz (220) and fourth-place finishes for Kyle Looney (138), Jacob Schmalz (160) and McKenzie Mahn (182).
• Norwich Free Academy went 3-2 to place third at the Fairfield Ludlowe Duals. The Wildcats (15-11) defeated East Lyme (63-6), Platt Tech (64-6) and Greenwich (47-22) while losing to Trumbull (39-28) and Ludlowe (44-21). Jacob Martin (106) and Tyler Courter (145) each went 5-0 on the day while Dan Britos (132), Joey Ballestrini (138), Edgar Charles (260), Khaleed Exum Strong (182) and John Crooks (195) each went 4-1.
• St. Bernard-Norwich Tech-Wheeler went 0-4 at the Morgan Duals in Clinton, but was competitive in three of its matches. The Saints (2-15) lost to East Haven (37-27), Maloney (62-9), Amith (41-36) and Old Saybrook-Westbrook (39-26). Freshman Matt Dowler (106) and John Gannon (160) each went 3-1 while Carl Federcraney (145) and Aaron Pelletier (145) each went 2-2.
• NFA had had a perfect day during a tri-meet with St. Bernard and New London. The Wildcats beat St. Bernard (6-3) and New London (9-0) in foil and St. Bernard 5-4 in epee. St. Bernard beat New London in foil 6-3. Kyle Young went 6-0 in foil to lead NFA while Justin Cavitt won all three of his foil bouts against NFA. New London did not compete in epee.
• East Lyme went 3-1 during a tri-meet with East Lyme and Griswold. The Vikings beat Griswold in foil (6-3) while sweeping Griswold (8-1) and Waterford (6-3) in epee. Waterford beat East Lyme in foil (5-4) and Griswold in epee (8-1). East Lyme's Matt Chan (30 points) was the high scorer in foil while Waterford's Phil Rood (29) was tops in epee.
• NFA went swept St. Bernard (8-1) and New London (9-0) in foil and beat St. Bernard 5-4 in epee. St. Bernard beat New London 5-4 in foil (the Whalers did not compete in epee).
• East Lyme went 4-0 during a tri-meet with Waterford and Griswold. The Vikings beat Waterford (7-2) and Griswold (7-1) in foil and Waterford (9-0) and Griswold (5-4) in epee. Waterford beat Griswold in both events 6-3. East Lyme's Erin Lucas (29 points) had the high score in foil and teammate Pam Smith (30) was tops in epee.