East Lyme -- A family was displaced from their Niantic home Saturday after a chimney fire.
Neighbors called in the fire at 11:50 a.m. Saturday after seeing smoke coming from the attic, according to Fire Marshal Richard Morris.
The house at 27 Cubles Drive is owned by Andrea and Bob McGrath. The family, which includes a son, is being assisted by the American Red Cross.
Niantic and Flanders fire departments responded and were assised by the Old Saybrook FAST team.
The fire started in the chimney, according to Morris, and extended into the attic.