Fort Myers, Fla. — Joe Petry went 3-for-4, including a double, with two RBI as the Coast Guard Academy baseball team downed Salem State, 8-2, in its final game at the Gene Cusic Classic.
Mike Massaro had two hits and two RBI for Coast Guard (5-2) while Nate Toll scattered six hits over four innings with two runs and four strikeouts. Kyle Wood added two hits, including a double.
In other games:
• Freshman third baseman Vinny Siena became the first UConn player to have a five-hit game since 2010, going 5-for-5 as the Huskies beat Central Connecticut State 8-5. Max McDowell and L.J. Mazzilli had two hits and drove in two runs each and Siena drove in three runs for UConn (9-4). East Lyme's Dylan DeLaCruz, the former St. Bernard standout, singled and scored a run for CCSU (4-4).
• Coast Guard scored seven runs in the top of the first inning, but couldn't hold on in its 8-7 loss to St. Norbert at Kissimmee, Fla. Stephanie Figgins hit a two-run single for Coast Guard while Jessee Richardson added an RBI single.
In its second game, Coast Guard scored three times in the bottom of the seventh but couldn't tie the game in a 6-4 loss to Bridgewater, Va. Richardson went 3-for-4, including a double, with two RBI for the Bears (2-4).
• Mitchell lost a pair of games on the final day of the Snowbird Classic at Myrtle Beach, S.C. The Mariners (1-7) lost to SUNY-Institute of Technology 4-3 and to Norwich University 6-5.
Tiffany Person had two hits in each game and scored three runs, Ally Blanchette of Taftville had three hits and scored twice and Dylan Riccardi was 3-for-4 in the second game for Mitchell.
• Chris Pelletier scored 1:50 into overtime, lifting Husson University to a 10-9 win over Mitchell College. Demetre Lyras scored three goals and Groton's Jordon Cook had two goals for Mitchell (3-2). Mitch Heaps had two goals and three assists for Husson (1-3).
H.S. boys' swimming
• Aidan Karam of NFA had a pair of 14th-place finishes Tuesday night in the CIAC Class LL Championship at Wesleyan University in Middletown.
Karam was 14th in the 200 and 500-yard freestyles, leading the Wildcats to an 18th-place finish.
All three NFA relays teams broke the top 20, led by the 200 freestyle relay team of Karam, Tyler Keith, Jon Yuen and Walker Cook, which was 15th. The 400 freestyle team of Karam, Keith, Preston Spicer and Cook were 16th and the medley relay team of Spicer, Keith, Yuen and Cook finished 20th.
Conn College honors
• Eight Connecticut College athletes were named to the New England Small College Athletic Conference all-sportsmanship teams. Kacie Quick, Samantha Schuffenecker, Asa Welty, Joe Gibson, Kevin Kelly, Leah Puklin, Emma Rotner and Jared Shill were named to the teams.