Published April 04. 2013 4:00AM
Fairfield - Slater Gregory pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and Billy Buscetto added three hits and four RBI as Old Lyme High School trounced Fairfield Ludlowe on Wednesday's opening day, 10-3.
Danny Chapman and Dave Peck each had three hits, including a triple, with two RBI for the Wildcats.
In other games:
• Doug Domnarski allowed just one hit over five innings with 10 strikeouts as Stonington beat Westerly 19-8. Ryan Francis had three hits, including a double, with four runs and three RBI for Stonington and Max Kelley went 3-for-3 with three RBI.
• Miguel Miranda's three-run double highlighted a seven-run fourth inning as New London beat Grasso Tech 17-3. Winning pitcher Jeremy Santos, a freshman, also had an RBI single.
• Waterford defeated St. Bernard 8-1 behind the pitching of Jordan Hamler. who allowed just one hit and struck out 11 in six innings.
Hamler also had two hits and three RBI while Seth Hoagland had three hits and Connor Lewis added two. Willie Rios Jr., had an RBI single for St. Bernard.
• Matt McElwee pitched a complete game, allowing four hits and striking out 12, in Ledyard's 4-0 win over Woodstock Academy. Jordan Kowalski had a single, double, triple, two runs scored, an RBI and stolen base while Anthony Viteritto and McElwee each had an RBI for the Colonels.
• Max Graves had two hits, a run and an RBI and pitched a complete game with nine strikeouts as Killingly beat Norwich Tech 6-4. Bryce Bedard struck out 14 and walked one over six innings for Norwich Tech and freshman Mitch Clapsaddle went 3-for-3.
• Andy Meagher went 3-for-4 with three runs scored in the Williams School's 11-7 loss to Master's. Drew Watson had an RBI double for the Blues.