Published April 09. 2013 4:00AM
New London - Keith Verdini's three-set win Monday at No. 2 singles highlighted New London High School's 7-0 victory over Griswold in boys' tennis.
Harry Cruz, Lorenzo Martinez and Deyvon Verdino also won singles matches for the Whalers (1-2) as did the doubles teams of Seth Lake-Collin Sawyer, Bahaa Hoda-Wassam Hoda and C.J. Parker-Zavier Veliz.
In other matches:
• Alan Luner, Shashwat Kala, Matt Getty and Willie Dong all won their singles matches as Waterford beat Ledyard 7-0 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium.
Tucker Murphy and Brett Pias, the defending ECC champion doubles team, also won their match for the Lancers (3-0, 1-0). Ledyard is 1-2, 0-1.
• Avery Oefinger defeated Greg Bright in No. 4 singles, 6-4, 2-6, 6-3, as Stonington beat Windham 5-2 in the ECC Medium.
John Skogerboe, Alan Carroll, Kyle Hagedorn all won at singles for Stonington (2-1, 1-0).
• Stefan Jones and Jacob Kowalski earned singles wins and Fitch swept doubles in a 5-2 win over Lyman Memorial. The Falcons are 2-1.
• The No. 1 doubles duo of Kenny Wen and Jordan Krueger won its match in straight sets to help Norwich Free Academy beat St. Bernard 4-3.
Evan Seder and Alex Frost won at No. 2 doubles and Bryon Harris was victorious in singles for the Wildcats (2-0). Nick Zuczek, Chris Renaud and Kevin Peters won for St. Bernard (0-3).
• Sophia Shi, Julia Sokolovska and Joan and Melinda Li won their respective singles matches as East Lyme beat Montville 7-0. Katherine Wu and Shruti Alavala won at No. 1 doubles for the Vikings (2-1). Montville is 0-2.
• NFA's No. 1 doubles team of Kirsten Wesolek and Courtney Majcher rallied for a 1-6, 6-2, 6-4 victory to highlight the Wildcats' 5-2 victory over St. Bernard.
The No. 2 team of Haley Riley-Hannah Coon also won for NFA (2-0) as did Jilian Stevenson, Victoria Majcher and Angel Flores-Alcade in singles. Alexa Massad and the doubles team of Julia Scott-Jessica Xu won for St. Bernard (0-2).
• Nisha Rajamoden, Lauren Rahr, Lexi Moger and Nora Sullivan won singles matches as Waterford blanked Ledyard 7-0 in the ECC Medium.
The Lancers are 3-0, 1-0. Ledyard is 1-2, 0-1.
• Alyssa Denno, Haley Savona, Diana Francis and Corey St. Louis won their singles matches in straight sets in Fitch's 6-1 win over Lyman Memorial. At No. 2 doubles, Bea Asuncion and Jingyi Huang rallied for a 6-7 (5-7), 6-3, 7-6 (8-6) win for the Falcons (1-2).
• Griswold swept all three doubles matches to rally past New London 4-3. Lillian James, Ashantee Gomez and Susane Ortiz won singles matches for New London (0-3).