• Mitchell College swept the three major player awards in men's lacross from the New England Collegiate Conference on Tuesday. Junior midfielder Demetre Lyras was named Player of the Year, freshman defender Maxx Crowley was named Rookie of Year and junior Peter Eshenfelder of Waterford was named Goalkeeper of the Year. They were joined on the All-NECC first team by teammates David Klapp and Chris Joy of East Lyme, both juniors.
Lyras scored 11 goals in three conference games and leads the Mariners with 23 goals on the season. Crowley has been Mitchell's top defenseman, marking opposing teams' top scorers and anchoring the man-down unit. NECC opponents averaged only 6.0 goals per game and went just 3-for-18 (.167) on man-up opportunities. Eshenfelder leads the NECC in goals-against average (5.74) and save percentage (.667).
• Mitchell's Zachary Simmons was named NECC Rookie of the Week in men's tennis. Simmons, a junior, went 2-0 in both singles and doubles last week as Mitchell beat Newbury and Wheelock. He lost only one game in four sets at No. 2 singles.
• Mitchell pitcher Al Jordan Johnson was named NECC Rookie of the Week in baseball. The freshman from Fitch came within one out of pitching a no-hitter against Elms, allowing a two-out single in the seventh inning of a 3-0 win.
• Coast Guard Academy's Derek Petty has been named New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Week for the second time this spring. The senior did not allow a run in 9 2/3 innings while picking up a win and save during a 4-1 week for the Bears. Petty is 5-2 with a 1.52 ERA.
• Coast Guard junior Adam Scalesse has been named NEWMAC Track Athlete of the Week. The All-American won the 110-meter hurdles and 400 hurdles against Springfield and WPI on Saturday. His 110 time (14.20 seconds) strengthened his position in the nation as the top 110-hurdler.