Published May 08. 2013 4:00AM
Norwich - MiaLynne Park won a pair of events as the Norwich Free Academy girls' track and field team beat Fitch 99-51 on Tuesday, clinching at least a share of the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division title.
Park won the 100 meters in 12.6 and the 400 in 1:01.1 for NFA (6-0, 4-0), which can wrap up the division title with a win over Bacon Academy next Tuesday. Julia Rodrick, Camille McKenzie, Dyshelle Pemberton, Ally Fields, Taylor Driggers, Erin Schaeffer, Brittany Grabill, Bryce Hill and Olivia Lane each won an event for NFA.
Alicia Moroyoqui, Christina Szczesny, Makada King and Candy Grief won events for Fitch (4-2, 2-2).
In other girls' meets:
• Kyle Fustini won the shot put (36-4.5), discus (117-11) and high jump (4-8) as Ledyard remained unbeaten in the ECC Medium with a 107-42 win over Waterford. The Colonels (5-1, 4-0) will visit Plainfield (also 4-0 in the division) Tuesday to decide the regular-season title.
Lauren Scahill (800, 1,600) and Chenoa Sebastian (100 and 300 hurdles) added two wins apiece for Ledyard while Savannah Artis won the 100, 200 and long jump for the Lancers (0-5, 0-4).
• Abigail Adams set a school record in the high jump (5-1) to highlight Montville's 83-61 win over Windham in the ECC Medium Division. Sonja Campbell (shot put, discus) added a pair of wins for the Indians (4-2, 2-2).
• Francine Jacque and Mercedes Santos each won three individual events in New London's 90-57 loss to Woodstock Academy in the ECC Large. Jacque took first in the 100 (12.7), 200 (26.7) and 400 (65.5) while Santos won the long jump (14-5), high jump (4-10) and 100 hurdles (17.1). Other individual winners for the Whalers (1-6, 0-4): Deanna McCarvell, 800 (2:53); Benisha Obas, shot put (27-4.5).
• Eva Christensen won the 800 (2:27) and 1,600 (5:27.6) in East Lyme's 86-64 win over Bacon in the ECC Large. Gianna Folz took first in the 100 hurdles (16.3) and 300 hurdles (52.4) while Jessie Kenny won the 400 (1:04.2), Chelsea Stevens won the 200 (27.3), and Devin Perez took the high jump (4-10) for the Vikings (5-1, 3-1). East Lyme also finished first in the 4x100 and 4x400, Jenna Schumacher won the javelin (116-0) and Kelsey Shukis won the shot put (32-8).
• Joe Carter won three individual events and was part of a winning relay team as Ledyard captured at least a share of the ECC Medium Division title with a 109-41 victory over Waterford. Carter won the 100-meter dash (10.6 seconds), 200 (21.9) and long jump (20 feet, 7 inches) and joined Steven Servedio, Alex Paterson and Alex Hintz-Valdez to win the 4x100 relay (42.9) for the Colonels (5-1, 4-0), who can win the regular season title outright with a win at Plainfield next Tuesday.
Anthony Saccone (110 hurdles, triple jump), Tyler Torelli (1,600, 3,200) and Kyle Wilson (shot put, discus) added two wins apiece for Ledyard while Ellis Mession (800, 2:06.6) and Tony Jenne (400, 59.9) won events for Waterford (1-4, 1-3).
• Orrin Parke finished first in the 100 (10.8), 200 (23.1) and 400 (52.1) while also running with Jelani Lucas, Nico Ramos and Jose Garcia on the winning 4x100 relay team (43.8) to pace New London past Woodstock, 104-36, in the ECC Large. Lucas took first in the 110 hurdles (17.1) and triple jump (38-7) while Jones won the 1,600 (4:54) and 3,200 (10:54). Other individual winners for the Whalers (3-3-1, 1-2-1): Dacoda Queenan, 800 (2:08); Ramos, long jump (19-6); David Perry, shot put (39-11); and Zach Allen, discus (91-9).
• Windham beat Montville 97-53 in the ECC Medium Division. Nakosi Hunter (400), Justin Longton (200), Jesse Joseph (3200) and Brandon Robertson (shot put) won events for Montville (4-2, 2-2).
• Ben Ostrowski won the 200 (23.7) and 400 (50.1) while Kevin Foster took first in the javelin (162-10) and discus (114-5), pacing East Lyme past Bacon, 78-72, in the ECC Large. Other individual winners for the Vikings (3-2-1, 1-2-1): Kevin Kwon, pole vault (10-6); Andrew Hanfield, 3,200 (11:00.4); Tim Myers, 1,600 (4:39.4); Dan Gage, 300 hurdles (43.1); and Niko Mazzella, high jump (5-6).