Published July 05. 2013 4:00AM
Norwich - Austin Schotts doubled leading off the ninth inning and scored on a throwing error moments later as the Connecticut Tigers rallied for a 4-3 victory over the Vermont Lake Monsters on Thursday night in a New York-Penn League game before 3,076 fans at Dodd Stadium.
The Tigers (5-12) trailed 3-2 in the heading into the bottom of the eighth, but tied the game when Duncan McAlpine was hit by a pitch, moved to second on a bunt single by Brett Harrison, to third on a sacrfice bunt by Javier Azcona and scored on a wild pitch by Vermont's Derek Hansen.
Harrison and Pat Leyland had two hits apiece for the Tigers.
• Carlos Rosario's two-run single in the bottom of the seventh inning gave New London a 4-3 Zone VI victory over Tri-Town. Trevor Bolduc and Jon Barstow had two hits apiece for New London (11-0) and Bolduc went the distance to earn the win.
• Pieter Khoury scattered three hits over six innings as New London beat Tri-Town Wednesday, 8-2. Bolduc four RBI for New London.
SEC 16-18 Babe Ruth
• Jimmy Pandolfe and Matt Johnson cominbed to pitch a three-hitter with 13 strikeouts as Waterford defeated Norwich 4-3 on Wednesday night. Adam Darling had a go-ahead two-run double for Waterford (11-1) while Kyle McComic and Dylan Konakowitz also doubled.
District 10 (11-12) baseball
• Colchester defeated Groton 8-0 on Wednesday as Nick Annelli pitched a one-hitter, Luke LaSaracina had two hits and Ray Goulet hit a two-run homer.
District 10 (10-11) baseball
• East Lyme defeated Mystic 3-2 on Wednesday behind winning pitcher Luke Leonard, who struck out six over 5 1/3 innings and also hit a home run. T.J. Horner added two doubles while Tyler Cady had a single and double for Mystic.
District 10 (9-10) baseball
• Waterford South defeated New London 8-3 on Wednesday to reach the championship series against Waterford North. Ben Jerome and Robert Zawacki each had two hits, including a double, while Jared Burrows had two hits and Anthony Tonucci had a double. Elijah Morton doubled for New London.