Login  /  Register  | 3 premium articles left before you must register.

NL firefighters extinguish kitchen fire

By Tess Townsend

Publication: TheDay.com

Published April 06. 2014 10:00PM   Updated April 06. 2014 10:03PM

New London — Firefighters responded to a kitchen fire in a unit of the apartment building located at 187 Huntington St. at around 10 a.m. this morning.

Battalion Chief Edward Sargent said there were no injuries but the fire caused damages to the kitchen stove and some cabinets. He estimated the cost of damages to be a couple thousand dollars.

Sargent described the fire as small and said that only a few towels were burning when firefighters arrived. He said he was not sure how the fire started and said that property management stated they planned to make repairs today.

News by Town

Most Recent Poll
How do you see UConn's basketball season ending this year?
I'm feeling lucky. I predict both men's and women's national titles.
The men are lucky to have made it this far. I don't know if they can win against Florida again.
No matter how the men do, we can count on the women to bring home a national title.
The men have the momentum to win and the drive to prove themselves after not being able to compete last year.
I'm more interested in the start of baseball season.
Number of votes: 1197

No current items found