Login  /  Register  | 3 premium articles left before you must register.

Computer failure ruled cause of Lyme fire

By Kimberly Drelich

Publication: theday.com

Published June 13. 2014 3:16PM   Updated June 14. 2014 12:23AM

Lyme — A computer failure has been ruled the cause of a fire at a two-story home at 108 Hamburg Road on Thursday night, according to Fire Marshal Dave Roberge. 

No injuries were reported, and all occupants and pets were able to exit the home safely, he said. 

Firefighters from Lyme, Old Lyme and Saybrook departments had quickly arrived on scene Thursday night to find heavy fire coming from the second-floor windows of the two-story home, Lyme Fire Chief Tom Brown said on Thursday. Firefighters contained the fire to about half of the second floor, he said.

News by Town

Most Recent Poll
Are you going to follow the World Cup?
Nope. Not interested at all.
I'm going to watch every U.S. game, even if they don't have much of a chance to advance very far.
I'm going to follow every game on T.V., online, or via my handy FIFA app.
I'm only going to watch the top teams play.
I don't know anything about soccer, but I'm going to watch every World Cup game at the local pub.
Number of votes: 1576

No current items found